- [Great Britain] Jumbo shrimp.
- Food served in a cream sauce, often on toast.
- Salted, smoked herring.
- A clear brandy distilled from cherry juice and pits. In cookery, it is most prominently known as a flavorful addition to fondue and Cherries Jubilee.
- Brand name for a bottled seasoning used to flavor and color gravy. It is also known as "baker's caramel (burnt sugar caramel)" or "blackjack." You can make your own by combining 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar and 2 tablespoons water in a saucepan and cook, stirring constantly, until sugar is dissolved (about 2 minutes). Gradually add 1 cup boiling water; continue cooking until it becomes syrupy (about 15 minutes).
- Paper towel.
- The kiwi fruit is originally from China, but is now widely grown in all moderate climates. Its stark green color makes it a popular garnish, but it is a pleasant tasting fruit on its own.
- [German] dumpling.
- To work dough with the hands, folding over, pressing down and turning repeatedly.
To work and press dough with the heels of your hands so the dough becomes stretched and elastic.