Here is a handy guide as to how much crumbs to prepare for a 9-inch crust.
- For a graham cracker crust you will need 16 squares.
- It will take 24, 2-inch cookies for a vanilla wafer crust.
- A chocolate crumb crust needs 18 3-inch cookies.
- Using gingersnaps the amount is 20 2-inch cookies.
- Three cups of ready-to-eat cereal will crush into 1-1/3 cups crumbs.
- If you like nuts in your crust, use 1 cup crumbs and 1/2 cup chopped nuts for 1-1/2 cups crumbs, use 1/4 cup butter or margarine and for cereals and graham wafers, add 1/4 cup sugar.